At Shelby Humane Society, we work to find pets homes and find homes pets! If you are ready to adopt a new cat or dog, we want to help you find the perfect fit for your home and family. Please feel free to call or email us with any questions you may have about pet ownership and what type of animal will best suit your lifestyle. Learn more about our adoption fees and what valuable items and services are included in that fee.
Before adding a new pet, please consider the following questions:
- Do you have space for the animal?
- Does everyone in your home want a new pet?
- Will you have plenty of time to spend with your pet?
- Can you afford vet visits and yearly check-ups?
- Have you considered the potential that an animal may damage furniture or carpet?
- Are you allowed to have a pet in your condo, apartment, rental property?
- Who will care for your pet when you are out of town?
- Are you willing to care for an animal for the rest of its life?
If you are prepared for the commitment of pet ownership, we are prepared to help you find the newest addition to your family!
Please come visit our shelter during our adoption hours Tuesday - Saturday from 12-5:30pm, or at our offsite adoption opportunities at PetSmart 280 (2nd & 4th Saturday of month), PetSmart Alabaster (cats available 7 days a week during store hours) and Hollywood Feed of Hoover (1st Saturday of month).
You can fill out our online adoption questionnaire by email to our Adoption Desk. One of our adoptions staff will get back with you ASAP! (Adoption staff work Tuesday through Saturday--if completed on an off day, please allow time to respond.)
Please signup for our email newsletter!