Reports to Adoptions Coordinator
To apply email your resume to email@example.com
The Transport Coordinator (TC) will be responsible for all activities related to the transport of animals with a goal of having 4 successful transports per month. The Coordinator will assure that all transport information is kept up to date i.e., list of transport partners, rescues, drivers, dates of planned transports. Monthly Transport reports will be prepared for presentation at the SH BOD meetings. Reports are due the Friday before the 3rd Tuesday of each month by COB. The time expected to fill this role is 24 hours per week, however this may be adapted as necessary. The majority of this work can be done by phone or email, with about 8 hours a week being spent at the shelter assisting with assessments and loading.
This position will develop new and maintain relationships with transport partners within a 14-hour travel radius of Shelby County and collaborate with Meredith Dempsey regarding new and existing rescue partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Complete 4 successful Transports per month for a minimum of 10 months with an average minimum of 10 animals per transfer.
Utilize the existing transfer procedures for arranging transports, reviewing and editing/updating as necessary, making sure there are specific steps to follow.
- Track how long arranging a transport takes from engaging a driver to setting the date for transfer with a transfer partner so that it is determined how much average prep time is required to avoid last-minute rushing.
Maintain a minimum of 20 engaged and active volunteer drivers
- Maintain and expand Transport Partners for a goal of 8 partners. (This goal may be modified as time goes on.)
Assist Behavior with SAFER or other required behavior assessments as needed by transport partners
- Assist with loading on the date of transfer if needed.
Contact, schedule vet for Health Certificates.
- Complete transport certificates and prepare all paperwork for the transport binder (Pulling rabies certificates, microchip info and reviewing animals internals to confirm that the animal is up to date on all shots DA2PPV, bordetalla, deworm etc.)
Coordinator must work with Medical department effectively to communicate and correct any missing shots, meds.
- Must fill out the appropriate budget forms for any money spend for transport.
Will prepare an expense report and tally up any money spend by volunteer drivers and submit those receipts to Accounting for reimbursement.
- Will secure a driver first before money is spent for Health Certificates.
Required Education, Experience & Knowledge
High school diploma or equivalent, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills, organized with the ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
Must have a genuine interest in animals and their well-being and a desire to make a difference in this world.
- Experience working independently with proven ability to meet deadlines.
Willingness to learn the basics about the animal shelter function and environment, and follow written protocols.
- Posess proficiency with Microsoft Office
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
SHS is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender sexual orientations, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran , or other protected characteristic as required by federal, state and local laws.